| Repository | Archives |
| Reference Number | W/PMC/7/2/1 |
| Level | Item |
| Title | Bath Street Chapel Glass Plate Negative |
| Date(s) | c. 1865 |
| Description | This black and white glass plate negative is a photographic negative of an original engraving entitled 'Chapel of the United Methodist Free Church, Bath Street, Poplar', dated 1865. The engraving was created by G. Rogers for T. Simpson, Architect, Nottingham and published by J. M. Johnson & Son, Castle Street, Holborn, London.
It is most likely that the glass plate negative was created from a photograph taken at a later date from the original engraving by the East End photographer William T. Whiffin. |
| Extent | 1 item |
| RelatedMaterial | A copy of the original engraving can be found within Tower Hamlets Local History Library & Archives' image collections (reference: P11275, class: 224.3). |
| PhysicalDescription | Fragile.
Dimension: 6.5 x 4.5 inches / 16.5 x 12 cms. |
| ArchNote | UNFIT FOR PRODUCTION |
| Access Status | Closed |
| AccessConditions | Digitised preservation copies are stored on External Hard Drive 1 (Glass Plate Negative Cupboard, Strongroom).
The glass plate negatives were digitised as part of THLHLA's Fragile Image Formats Project (2019) by the National Conservation Service (NCS) at the Hackney Conservation Studio (sent 22/05/2019, returned 11/11/2019). Glass Plate Negatives have been transferred to Hackney Conservation Studio (22/05/2019) as part of the Fragile Image Formats Project with the National Conservation Service (NCS) |
| Request | NO - This material is not orderable. Please see access restrictions for further details. |