| Description | Legal records and related documentation filed together in this manner by Poplar Methodist Church. Includes material such as: deeds; indentures; name/title alteration information; cetificates; memorandums; correspondence; lists and other documentation.
Contents:
- Typed Indenture document dated 17 March 1848 and entitled 'Mr John Williams Abbott and another to The Reverend John Scott to the use of Trustees. Release in Fee of the Methodist Chapel, East India Dock Road, Poplar, County of Middlesex and Declaration of Trusts thereof''.
- Handwritten Deed of Sale document for 1-2 Woodstock Road, dated 9 January 1886. The agreement is made by Herbert Good to sell the premises to Mr John Seager of 197 East India Dock Road and the Trustees of the Wesleyan Chapel, corner of Woodstock Road in the East India Dock Road.
- Printed and annotated document from the Charity Commission dated 17 October 1891, relating to the Charitable status of the Primitive Methodist Chapel, Isle of Dogs. Annotations on the document refer to the individuals listed within (e.g. whether now deceased etc), and date from 1892-1903.
- Bundle of correspondence and related documentation concerning the alteration of the Poplar Methodist Church's then title from Chapel to Church (i.e from Poplar Wesleyan Chapel to Poplar Wesleyan Church). Correspondence is between Reverend Sidney J. P. Dunman, (273 Burdett Road, London), Poplar Register Office and the General Register Office, dated July 1899. The bundle includes an annotated document produced by the General Record Office entitled 'Extracts From Statutory Rules and Regulations Prescribed Under Yhe Marriage Act, 1898'.
- Worship Certificate issued by the General Register Office, Somerset House, London, on 22 July 1899. Certifies that Poplar Wesleyan Methodist Church is a place of meeting for religious worship. Signed by Sidney John Palmer Dunman. Contains some pencil annotations on the reverse.
- Typed list of Poplar Methodist Mission Churches, including Worship Register and Marriage Register numbers.
- Memorandum of Appointment of New Trustees document for Chapel and House, Benledi Street, All Saints Poplar, dated 8 March 1917. Within the deed documentation there are additional claim forms and related material concerning war damage to the Methodist School, Chapel and Vestries property in Benledi Street, dating from June 1941 - March 1942.
- Annotated Agreement document dated 1st May 1919 concerning the sale and purchase of Bath Street Chapel premises, Poplar. Agreeement is from Fred Cole Esq and others to Rev. W.H. Lax and another.
- Deed of Surrender document dated 15 June 1945, concerning the surrender of lease of 41 Addington Road, Poplar. From the Trustees of the Methodist Church at Bruce Road, Bow to the Rt. Hon. Evan F. Viscount, Tredegar.
- Certificate of Registration for Religious Worship for Poplar Methodist Church Hall, Cottage Street, Poplar, dated 1 July 1948.
- Declaration by the Trustees of the Poplar Methodist Church, (formerly Wesleyan Methodist Chapel with Lecture Hall, Vestries, No.4 Woodstock Terrace and Hall in Cottage Street) at East India Dock Road, adopting the New Model Deed. The document is dated 15 January 1963 and registered by the Methodist Chapel Committee on 15 February 1963. Includes related Methodist Chapel Department for Chapel Affairs form, date stamped 11 April 1963.
- Annotated document certifying the appointment of an authorised person, Reverend Sidney John Palmer Dunman, to register marriages in Poplar Wesleyan Chapel (altered to 'Methodist Church') dated 18 July 1899.
- Covenant dated 30 January 1962 made by Waltons (Exeter) Ltd of High Street, Exeter, Devon. Agreement by Waltons to pay funds to Poplar Methodist Mission for their general use, for the period of seven years. |