| AdminHistory | The Elim Chapel was erected on the west side of Pekin Street in 1883 by the builder W Howard of Canning Town for a Strict Baptist congregation from Waterloo Street in Limehouse (established there by 1870). The building could seat 300 but by 1902 attendances at services filled less than a third of the places. The chapel was sold in 1927 and replaced by the Beulah Gospel Hall and the Excelsior Works of Ernest Perrett Ltd, flagmakers, both of which were badly damaged in the Second World War. |