| AdminHistory | Olga Primary School, Bow opened in 1874 as Olga Street Board School with a roll of 324 boys, 325 girls and 418 infants. The school was enlarged in 1881 and could accommodate about 1,500 children. Further improvements were made in 1898. In 1931 it was remodelled for 333 senior boys, 380 senior girls and 462 infants. After the Second World War it reorganised as a junior mixed and infant school briefly called John Bartlett Primary but by 1951, Olga Primary School. A new single-storeyed open-plan building designed by Anne Webb fronting Lanfranc Road was opened in 1982. The former buildings were converted for residential use. |