| AdminHistory | Johnson Street School (as it was originally known - Harford Street was originally called Johnson Street) was one of the first schools to be built by the School Board for London, opening in September 1873 with accommodation for 1,500 pupils. The school, which contained boys, girls, and infants departments, was extended in 1878. The school was badly damaged in the Second World War. A new school building on the same site was opened in 1952. In the interim, nearby Halley Street School, in addition to its usual secondary school, had housed a primary school numbering about 240 pupils, which was transferred with headmistress and staff to the new building. |
| CustodialHistory | Deposited as a result of Ocean New Deal for Communities/Ragged School Museum's Contemporary Collecting Project in which THLHL&A was a partner |