| Description | Items labelled with class numbers including 4 and 5.
Material includes: 'The Archaelogy of Tower Hamlets' by Graham Black, Inner London Archaelogical Unit. Published after 1974 when the unit was formed in response to development in the area Photocopy article 'A dig into the past', page 12 in Island History Newsletter by Island History Trust, July 1991 List of Street, Places/List of Names Formerly in Existence (Metropolitan Borough of Poplar) 'In Limehouse and the Isle of Dogs' in 'Trips About Town' by George R. Sims, via The Strand Magazine, July 1905; Photocopy 'Stepney Riverside Journal', 1 June 1997, Member of the East London Association of Historical Trusts and the Docklands Forum 'The Isle of Dogs' in 'The Copartnership Herald', March and April 1936; Photocopy 'What's In A Name?' Typed article, undated, on possible origins of the place name Isle of Dogs |