﻿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="https://www.thcatalogue.org.uk:443/CalmView/record/catalog/W/PMC/4/1" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <dc:title>Evidences of Title </dc:title>
  <dc:description>Evidences of Title records for property in Woodstock Terrace and Cottage Place. 

The site of the Poplar Wesleyan Chapel was at the northern end of the land of Edward Wood Stock in Poplar High Street. By 1867 the chapel was leasing a cottage and classrooms on land adjoining to the east on part of the Clippingdale estate. In 1886 new classrooms and a lecture hall were added to the south in Woodstock Terrace. 

In 1919 the Poplar Methodist Mission acquired the United Methodist Free Church building nearby and this may explain the presence of  an assignment of 18 Woodstock Terrace among these papers (W/PMC/4/1/6/1) as this was the minister's dwelling for that church.</dc:description>
  <dc:date>1848-1956</dc:date>
</rdf:Description>