﻿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="https://www.thcatalogue.org.uk:443/CalmView/record/catalog/P/SLC/1/10/6" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <dc:title>Seven newly built tenements in Pillory Lane, East Smithfield, next to a brewhouse called the sign of the Harteshorne</dc:title>
  <dc:description>Lease for 99 years:
(1) Henry Lowberye [Lobery], citizen and cordwainer of London
(2) John Wight, citizen and draper of London

Occupants named: Adam Efflar, Phillip Morgan, Seint Fitz Cowper, Matthew Symondes, George Johnson, Christopher Arnold. The premises were formerly one tenement, part of the possessions of the late monastery of Our Lady at Grace near the Tower of London, occupied by John Sanchye and then by Thomas Lewys Cowper. They were  rebuilt as seven tenements by Arnold Lowberye, who conveyed them to his son Henry  in 1562. </dc:description>
  <dc:date>1574</dc:date>
</rdf:Description>