What's in the Catalogue
There are over 70,000 records in this catalogue, comprising over 15 years of work by our librarians and archivists as well as many volunteers. However, not all material held at Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives is yet included in this database.
You can expect to find included:
- Library collections of books, pamphlets and periodicals, and some audio-visual materials, eg dvds.
- Over 30,000 items within the Image Collection, including the Island History Trust collection of photographs from the Isle of Dogs. The cataloguing of the Image Collection is nearly complete, thanks largely to the efforts of volunteers.
- Most of our catalogued archive collections (the main exception is a significant proportion of the former “Deeds collection”, for which a manual catalogue is available on site.
What is not included:
- The full collection of local newspapers, which are available at the library on microfilm. Only part of this collection is included in the online catalogue.
- Parts of our Press cuttings and ephemera. These can be accessed in the reading room using the in-house Classification Scheme and Subject Guides.
- Parts of our Map collection.
- Museum objects and Paintings are not yet fully catalogued or accessible.
- Other archive collections which are not yet catalogued or accessible.