RepositoryArchives
Ref NoW/VPB
Alt Ref NoTH/8617
LevelFonds
Creator_Name
Victoria Park Baptist Church
TitleRecords of the Victoria Park Baptist Church, Bethnal Green
Date1867 - 1986
DescriptionScope and content
The records include the following series:
W/VPB/1 MEETING PAPERS
W/VPB/1/1 Minutes of Deacons' Meetings
W/VPB/1/2 Minutes of Church Meetings
W/VPB/1/3 Sunday school Teachers' Minutes
W/VPB/2 REGISTERS
W/VPB/2/1 Membership Registers
W/VPB/2/2 Communion Registers
W/VPB/3 FINANCIAL RECORDS
W/VPB/3/1 Ledgers
W/VPB/3/2 General Cash Books
W/VPB/3/3 Sunday School Cash Books
W/VPB/4 PRINTED MATERIAL
W/VPB/4/1 Manuals

Click the PDF icon to browse descriptions to this collection in PDF format.
Extent28 volumes
AdminHistoryAdministrative History
The present Victoria Park Baptist Church (then known as Grove Road Baptist Chapel) opened in December 1869. The church's origins can be traced to the early 1860s when the Reverend Allan Curr (who subsequently became minister of the Presbyterian Church in Bow) opened Peel-Grove Hall for preaching purposes. In 1865 he established a church at the junction of Roman and Grove Roads which was called "Union Church" and was open to communicants of any denomination though members of the Baptist persuasion were preferred.
This venture proved unsuccessful and in 1867 the church was purchased by the London Baptist Association. The building was sold to the Church of England in 1868, becoming the church of St. Barnabas, and a new site was aquired a little further north in Grove Road.
Access StatusOpen
RequestNO - This does not represent a physical document. Please click on the reference number and view list of records to find material available to order at file or item level.
Multimedia

c3\2ccfdb-f9ab-4d3f-8fdf-09455c8bd74a.pdf

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022