|AdminHistory||Henry Dawson and Son were a firm of architects and surveyors based in the late nineteenth century at 46 Finsbury Pavement, City of London (see entry in the 1899 Post Office Directory); by July 1931, the firm was operating from 20 Ludgate Hill, City of London. |
The firm went through several name changes in the later twentieth century becoming Geoffrey Gurney Associates, Geoffrey Gurney and Partners and the Gurney Triggs Partnership, before finally dissolving in 1987. During these partnerships many of the London estates with which the firm had been involved were demolished or upgraded; this work was apparently carried out by the Elizabeth Bates Housing Association, which is thought to have acted for the various trust bodies of the Moravian Church. David Triggs (presumably the partner mentioned above) oversaw the architectural work. As well as the estate in Stepney Green covered by these plans, there may have been other similar estates in Old Ford Road and Cyprus Street.
|CustodialHistory||The plans were created by Henry Dawson and Son and later inherited by the successor firm(s) run by Geoffrey Gurney.|